Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Because LOVE

Hey everybody!

I'm sitting here drinking peppermint tea* and trying to put off practicing guitar by writing an update to all of you!  I mean, I guess it's technically not procrastinating because I've been putting off writing this update for even longer.

Anyways ... I can't believe that in exactly three weeks and 1 day I will be stepping on a plane, headed for India!  Well, first London and then India.  I actually didn't realize how close it was until I made that nifty little countdown.  The past couple weeks have been a whirlwind - and I know that the next week and a half are going to fly as I'm finishing up the year here at school.

And now here's the part of the show where I vomit  pour out all of my thoughts in an attempt to make them organized and coherent :)

Sometimes when I tell people about going to India they give me a strange reaction.  Their eyes glaze over, their noses wrinkle in disgust.  Why would you want to go there?  Diseases.  Filth.  The lack of Western toilets.  Heat.

I actually love this opportunity because then I get to share a little bit of my heart for this trip.  I'm sure there will be a long post on that in the future, but it can be summed up in two words:  Because love.  I guess you could throw of in there if you're grammatically inclined.

The concept of an all powerful, all knowing God that is not only intricately concerned with our lives, but also loves unconditionally is what separates Christianity from all other religions.

During my short time in India, I want to give the kids a little taste of this love.

Because isn't that what Christianity is all about?  Self-less, sacrificial, unconditional love.

My main objective will  be to teach each of the 4 groups of children (ages 8+) a song to perform at the closing program.  I think I'm also going to teach all 4 groups Rend Collective's "Build Your Kingdom Here" ...


Isn't it fun?  It makes me want to dance!  I also might try to incorporate streamers or shakers :)  The program is really mission-focused, and I hope that this song will help tie the week together!

I'm also thinking about teaching "Every Move I Make" (with motions!) and "Oh, How He Loves".  I'm not sure about a song for the youngest group.  "Jesus Loves Me" came to mind, but I would love a way to make it more interactive and upbeat.

And finally, I'm hoping to do some other camp songs just for fun ... Pharoah Pharoah, anyone? :)

Okay, I really do need to practice guitar ... so I'm going to wrap this up with my current prayer requests!

Prayer Requests:
  • My Visa - the passport is returning to my house as I type, and I am still waiting to hear about whether my visa application was accepted.
  • Time management - it's getting harder and harder to take time out for God everyday.
  • Immunizations will hopefully be happening this week!
  • Continue to pray for the children that we will be in contact with in India!
Oh, and subscribe (put your email in the box on the right, tutorial here!) to get these posts sent straight to your email!

Hugs!
Amanda

*Huge thanks to Ron and Polly for the tea and chocolate covered beans!  They're keeping me sane ... and awake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment