Tuesday, April 8, 2014

the financial stuff


Hey everybody!

I can't believe that it has been just over 2 weeks since I announced my plans to everyone at church!  I have been extremely blessed already by the outpouring of support and interest that everyone has shown.  I just want to say that giving money isn't the only way to support me!!  Prayer is also very crucial ... and that is why I put prayer requests at the bottom over every post ... but, right now finances are also very important!  

I just thought that it would be fair to let everyone know where I am at financially ... I need to raise a total of $2,800 for the 17 days I will be spending in India.  The includes everything from malaria pills, to my passport and visa, room and board, plane tickets ... etc!

Currently, I have $700 .. which looks to be about 1/4 of what I need.
This occasion clearly called for a pie chart :)

Here's the part where faith comes in!  LCMI would like the money by April 23rd ... that is 2 weeks from now.  I feel strongly that I am meant to go on this trip, so I know that God will provide the money!  

If you go to my church, you can direct all the money to Elmer.  For those of you who don't go to my church ... it's okay, you can still give towards my trip!  

If you get the check in the mail by the week of the 14th, you can mail the check here (it will be to the PO box address).  If you need to send it after the 14th, that's okay too!  The checks just have to be sent somewhere else ... so you can contact me for further directions. :)

Also, very important ... if you're giving by check, be sure to attach a note, or put my name on the subject line!

I just want to thank everyone in advance - this truly means so much to me!  If you want these emails sent straight to your email inbox, you can enter your email in the white box on the left side bar (or check out the tutorial I wrote).

And here's my most recent list of prayer requests:
  • The semester is coming to a close (3 weeks of classes left, and one week of finals!!) and things are starting to pile up. You can pray that I will be able set aside time every day for the Lord, and continue to keep my priorities in order!
  • And you can continue to pray for my passport, communication among the staff, finances, and that my faith would continue to grow as I prepare for this trip!
Thanks so much!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment